Re: CDD? (was Re: Bhutan releases Dzongkha Debian Linux)

(please keep me CC'ed to answers, I'm not subscribed to
-project. Thanks to Paul Wise for pointing me to this thread)

Philippe Cloutier wrote:

> Congratulations, but is this a CDD? If not, what's the canonical
> name? DDL, Dzongkha Linux, Dzongkha Debian GNU/Linux

The name is Dzongkha Debian Linux.

The former version of the distribution was Dzongkha Linux because
though based on some Debian parts such as the packaging system, other
parts were originating from other distros (the installer was Morphix).

After the launch of Dzongkha Linux in June 2006, Bhutan's DIT Dzongkha
Linux team, leaded by Pema Geyleg, worked on a new version entirely
based on Debian. For that reason, they invited Frans for a two-week
session of teaching about D-I hacking back in November 2006.

The newly (september) announced Dzongkha Debian Linux is the
consequence of this.