Re: Planets for debian users and debian administrators.

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 09:42:42PM +0200, Shams Fantar wrote:
> Nico Golde wrote:
>> Hi,
>> * Shams Fantar <sfantar@snurf.info> [2007-10-06 21:15]:

>>> Yes, I know these planets. But they aren't official. No ?
>>>

>> What would be different if they would be official apart from the project
>> would be responsible for what the people write?
>> Kind regards
>> Nico
>>

> There is no difference for me. It was just a question. ;-)

Debian has a history of stabilty and testing and as such, Debian related
web sites start as $DOMAIN.debian.net until Debian feels that they have
become useful enough or mature enough to join the Debian.org domain.
This is what happen to the debian wiki which started as wiki.debian.net.
Holger started debian-community.org as a place for debian users to have
a place to show their support for Debian while planet.debian.org is
currently for Debian developers and maintainers. Also,IIRC, Raphael
Hertzog(buxy) was also considering creating a blog for english users as
he has for french users.
(http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2007/09/19/planet-debian-for-users/)
So, ask for his help, if he has not already created it.
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|