Re: Proposal to delay the decition of the DPL of the withdrawal of the Package Policy Committee delegation

Marc Haber <mh+debian-project@zugschlus.de>
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 03:39:38PM -0500, Debian Project Secretary wrote:
> >         There are three ways policy can be changed: [...]
> >  c) The DPL can delegate people with the power to change policy.
>
> If c) implies that the DPL can delegate the power to change policy to
> himself, then there needs to be d) the DPL.

DPL may not delegate to him/herself.  Constitution s5.1.1 para 2:
"The Leader may define an area of ongoing responsibility or a specific
decision and hand it over to another Developer or to the Technical
Committee."                  ^^^^^^^

Does anything contradict that?  Are people posting without looking?

Even if the DPL can change policy as a result of other powers (urgency
or whatever, but I don't see why), it should still be done in a way
"consistent with the consensus of the opinions of the Developers" and
"avoid overemphasizing their own point of view".  Yeah, right(!)

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef