Re: Proposal to delay the decition of the DPL of the withdrawal of the Package Policy Committee delegation

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 10:37:48AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:11:08 +0100, Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> said:
>
> > Manoj, your conflict of interest here is too severe, I think.  Would
> > you please formally delegate the interpretation of the constitution
> > with respect to maintenance of policy to someone else ?
>
> > I don't think you've been grinding your own axe here but, I would
> > like to ask you to do us a favour and present the appearance of
> > propriety as well as the fact of it.
>
>         Duly noted.  But since the secretary's job routinely involves
>  running votes and DPL elections in which I have strong opinions, and
>  interpreting the constitution is an integral part of the process, I
>  would not be secretary if I did not think I could do my job
>  impartially despite that.
>
>         If it appears to me that my judgement as secretary is being
>  affected, I shall immediately  recuse myself and delegate the power.

I fear that your judgement to notice such conflict of interest is not so good
as you think, since this is already the second time in a few weeks you are at
the extreme limit of this boundary.

Sven Luther