Re: Constitutional Amendment GR: Handling assets for the project

2nd'd, also with Don's amendments.

Note that the 'in consultation' bit is still in - it could be still clearer
that the DPL may on his own take the decisions.  But it's improved over the
prev. version.

cheers
-- vbi

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 18:46, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  4. The Developers by way of General Resolution or election
>    4.1. Powers
>     Together, the Developers may:
>
> -   3. Override any decision by the Project Leader or a Delegate.
> -   4. Override any decision by the Technical Committee, provided they
> -      agree with a 2:1 majority.
>
> -    6. Together with the Project Leader and SPI, make decisions about
> -       property held in trust for purposes related to Debian. (See
> §9.1.)

>  4. The Developers by way of General Resolution or election
>    4.1. Powers
>     Together, the Developers may:
> +   3. Make or override any decision authorised by the powers of the
> Project +      Leader or a Delegate.
> +   4. Make or override any decision authorised by the powers of the
> Technical +      Committee, provided they agree with a 2:1 majority.
>
> +    6. Make decisions about property held in trust for purposes
> +       related to Debian. (See §9.).
> +    7. In case of a disagreement between the project leader and in
> +       the incumbent secretary, appoint a new secretary.

>  5. Project Leader
>    5.1. Powers
>     The Project Leader may:
> -   10. Together with SPI, make decisions affecting property held in
> trust -       for purposes related to Debian. (See §9.)

>== 5. Project Leader
>    5.1. Powers
>     The Project Leader may:
> +   10. In consultation with the developers, make decisions affecting
> +       property held in trust  for purposes related to Debian. (See
> +       §9.). Such decisions are announced on an electronic mailing
> +       list designated by the Project Leader or their Delegate(s),
> +       which is accessible to all developers.  Major expenditures
> +       should be proposed and debated on the mailing list before
> +       funds are disbursed.
> +   11. Add or remove organizations from the list of trusted
> +       organizations (see §9.3) that are authorized to accept and
> +       hold assets for Debian. The evaluation and discussion leading
> +       up to such a decision occurs on an electronic mailing list
> +       designated by the Project Leader or their Delegate(s), on
> +       which any developer may post. There is a minimum discussion
> +       period of twoo weeks before an organization may be added to
> +       the list of trusted organizations.
>--
>-- 7. The Project Secretary
>   7.2. Appointment
>    If the Project Leader and the current Project Secretary cannot agree
> -  on a new appointment they must ask the board of SPI (see §9.1.) to
> -  appoint a Secretary.
>== 7. The Project Secretary
>   7.2. Appointment
>    If the Project Leader and the current Project Secretary cannot agree
> +  on a new appointment, they must ask the Developers by way of
> +  General Resolution to appoint a Secretary.
> [...]

Delta: We never make the same mistake three times.   -- David Letterman