Re: No more bugreports from me.

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 06:40, Magnus Berg wrote:
> It's not fun to reports bugs to the Debian bug tracking system. The thanks
> you get is spam.

That's the price you pay for participation on the internet in any capacity,
the Debian BTS is not a special case.

>  I have a special e-mail address that I use then I'm little afraid that it
> becomes public. My intention is to change that address then it collect to
> much spam.

http://www.interhack.net/pubs/munging-harmful

Also check out spamassassin, it does pretty well even on spam forwarded by the
BTS.

>  The report you can see was a ordinary e-mail sent to the maintainer of
> Aptitude. He saw it as a Dpkg thing and asked me if he could send it to the
> public dpkg list. I said O.K. Now you can think I have to blame myself but
> I could never thought about that he would include my personal information,
> including my main e-mail address, then he send it further to the public
> dpkg list. But he did.

You said he could.  That's your fault.  Besides, the moment you ever used your
email address it became public information.  Deal with it.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://jabber.ursine.ca/