Re: Fundamental flaw in bug reporting system

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 11:30:33AM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> The slight inaccessibility in the bug reporting facilies is an
> appropriate part of our approach to improving bug report quality.

Right, but is "improving bug report quality" the aim of the bug
reporting? I believe it rather is "improving software quality".

A newbiesh bug report as the one that started this thread is not very
helpful, but it definitely has a point: a potential user of our
operating system was unable to start the GNOME environment she was
looking for.

I might agree if you are suggesting we need different channels for that
kind of bug reports (and I believe we have some).

Cheers.