Re: Regarding partner

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 07:31:59AM -0800, Jim Westveer wrote:
> Natarajan,

> I am most likely not the person to be asking these questions of.

> You ask:
> >Can I conduct a Course called Debian Certified Engineer (DCE)
> >without asking permission  anybody
> You may want to ask this question on the debian-legal list.  One
> could certainly have a "Certified Engineer" program, that included
> the Debian OS.  But in my humble opinion, a "Debian Certified Engineer"
> program sounds like it is certified by Debian.  But again, you probably
> should run that by others to get their impressions.

Actually, decisions on new, not already standardized uses of the Debian
trademark probably need to be made by either the DPL or the debian-project
mailing list.  Forwarding to the latter.

As far as whether use of the name "Debian Certified Engineer" needs
permission from Debian, the answer is definitely yes.

Cheers,