Re: [Utnubu-discuss] Re: Ubuntu/Debian cooperation [was: Complaint about #debian operator]

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 15.12.2005, 16:13 -0500 schrieb Joey Hess:
> Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > I don't think there is much gain - an attached patch is not much better
> > than a link, and might annoy people with limited bandwidth.
>
> It's SOP in Debian to attach patches to bug reports. I might consider
> doing otherwise if the patch exceeded 1 megabyte.
>
> (And yes, I'm on limited bandwidth and yes, I've also lost hours and
> hometimes days of time because people didn't attach files to emails and
> I had to wait to get back online to get to them.)

Point taken. If we'll implement such a thing, it will use common sense
(patches < 200Kb maybe attached, larger patches just linked). It will
quickly become evident what limit is preferable.

Thanks,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner