Re: Debian Project Leader report for 2005-04-24

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 07:56:33AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > > and users apprised of this central issue.  If the release managers see
> > > that this report is correlated with a spike in reckless uploads to
> [...]
> > Just a bit of (hopefully constructive) feedback: I find the above to be
> > quite unnecessarily condescending. We're not children and deserve to be
> > treated as such.
>
> While we are not children, there are a lot of us who are rather <expletive
> deleted> individuals.  DDs do reckless, irresponsible uploads all the time,
> why should anyone expect people not to do it after a sarge-might-freeze
> heads'up?

I think the request is ok (and the release managers have requested
the same before, quite reasonably). My complaint was Branden's threat:
if his email triggers more uploads, he'll stop sending emails.

A polite request alone should be enough. I'm a bit discouraged by this
first report from the new DPL..

Hamish