Re: snapshot.debian.net

Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 11:15:57AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > The snapshot service is very valuable when it comes to checking older
> > versions of packages.  For example, it is a very, very good help for
> > doing security work when older package versions need to be reviewed.
>
> Does that include the binary packages? I'd guess that binary packages
> are of lesser use because of library and other environmental changes,
> and it is mainly/exclusively the source packages that are of assistance
> in this matter.

Up to now I only needed source packages for security work.  For investigating
breakages and stuff, I would need binary packages, though.  Even though I
usually don't need them, I still consider the way to specify a date in the
apt line quite useful when you want to downgrade your entire system back
to before the breakage.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Have you ever noticed that "General Public Licence" contains the word "Pub"?