Re: Debian Project Leader report for 2005-04-24

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 01:03:35AM -0500, Branden Robinson / Debian Project Leader wrote:
> Here is the first of my reports as Debian Project Leader.  You may read it
> in HTML format at:
>   http://people.debian.org/~branden/dpl/reports/2005-04-24.html

(First suggestion: set M-F-T appropriately. It was set to
debian-devel-announce and dwn@debian.org. debian-project would be
better, or debian-devel.)

> Sarge Release Challenges and Progress
> -------------------------------------
[...]
> I offer a status report on the Sarge release because of its criticality,
> and because as DPL I want to do everything I can to keep our developers
> and users apprised of this central issue.  If the release managers see
> that this report is correlated with a spike in reckless uploads to
> unstable, however, I will be forced to refrain from offering them.  As I
> said in all three of the interviews I conducted recently (see
> `Interviews and Public Appearances`_, below), my top priority as DPL is
> to not get in the way of the Sarge release.  Please do not put me in the
> awkward position of having to refrain from reporting on this issue to
> serve that goal.

Just a bit of (hopefully constructive) feedback: I find the above to be
quite unnecessarily condescending. We're not children and deserve to be
treated as such.

Hamish