Re: Surveys in debian

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:25:52AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > I'm rather fond of "How to lie with statistics" as an introduction to
> > what it's all about, not least because it teaches extreme cynicism
> > about anything that smells like a statistic.
[...]
> By the way, I've been disappointed that criticism of "User views
> on the FDL issue" has been described as an insult by its author
> and generally dismissed. http://bignachos.com/?p=10

I found your (MJ's) criticism quite helpful, actually.  I was more
disturbed by the critical comments which appeared to be just insults or
quick dismissals from those that didn't agree with the results.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.