Re: Poll results: User views on the FDL issue

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 01:01:31PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> A work that only allows distribution of patches does not meet DFSG #4.
> It must also specifically allow the distribution of modified binaries
> made from those patches.

Maybe it's just me, but since I can't read binary, I would find binary
documentation pretty useless.

> The GFDL fails to even do this, since you cannot distribute Opaque
> version(s) of the work that exclude the invariant section(s).

Apples and oranges.  You can't compare an opaque version of a document to a
compiled binary.  It's the same document whether it's in ASCII .txt or MS
Word .doc format.

--Adam