Re: Poll results: User views on the FDL issue

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 08:03:48AM -0400, Michael Poole wrote:
> Proprietary licenses protect the authors' rights even more.  Never
> publishing the work, and therefore never subjecting it to copyright
> law, also protects the authors' rights.  Neither of those help freedom
> or the sharing of information.  Again I ask: How do invariant sections
> (by themselves) promote sharing of information?

They promote the sharing of the information in the invariant section.  In
fact, they require it.  The question is, will less people share the document
if they are forced to share it with the invariant section attached?  I think
that only the people with the most extreme views would not.

--Adam