Re: what is debian

also sprach Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> [2005.04.19.1956 +0200]:
> The feedom and heaven for computer users
>
>         AND THE HELL FOR MICROSOFT AND SCO.  :-)

Maybe you should read more before making such statements? Debian has
nothing to do with Microsoft or SCO. Please don't put the three in
the same bucket.

> Debian is a GNU/Linux Distribution based on Open Source Software
> (OSS). GNU/Linux can replace the proprietary Operation System
> Windows(TM).

It cannot. It does not even try to.

Debian is an approach to system administration, a project, and
a community. The main produce of the Debian project is Debian
GNU/Linux, an operating system combining GNU user-space tools with
the Linux kernel, and adding Debian system administration paradigms
on top. All software available for Debian GNU/Linux underlies the
Debian Free Software Guidelines, so it is a free operating system.
Source code for all components are available under the terms of the
DFSG.

`. `'`

echo '[dO%O+38%O+PO/d0<0]Fi22os0CC4BA64E418CE7l0xAP' | dc