Re: GFDL freedoms

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 10:17:12PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Now imagine someone who's doing a study on available algorithms for
> Fourier transforms, and wants to pick out parts of the text in the
> invariant section to write his paper.

It seems that he could do this with a simple footnote or end note referencing
the document in question.

You can do that with copyrighted text that gives you no rights at all.  So
I'm not sure why you couldn't also do it with text licensed under the GFDL.

Also, per GFDL those sections may only contain information "that deals
exclusively with the relationship of the publishers or authors of the Document
to the Document's overall subject", and may contain "nothing that could fall
directly within that overall subject."

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>