Re: getting lully back on-line [Was, Re: I'll be a son of a bitch.]

* Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2005-04-13 18:56]:
> This is precisely the reason why I think it's so completely beside the
> point, from Debian's POV, to worry about whether SPI is capable of
> processing donations when we're organizationally incapable of making sure
> they're put to good use once we have them

That's a little bit unfair to Debian... I authorized the reimbursement
of some hard drives for m68k buildds at the end of 2003 and the person
who bought the disks had to wait 1.5 years to get his money.  So there
I was, trying to make good use of Debian's money, but couldn't...
anyway, this has recently been resolved thanks to Branden.

> Has anyone asked the DPL to authorize purchasing new drives for
> lully?  Martin, is this feasible?

Yes, sure.

> What could I expect the turnaround to be for reimbursement?

Should be pretty quick these days.

BTW, Noah Meyerhans at MIT offered two Alphas but so far he hasn't
been taken up on his offer.
--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org