Re: non-free but distributable packages and kernel firmware

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:47:06AM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 01:17:02AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Henning Makholm wrote:
>
> > There's probably also the "free-use" and "nonprofit-use" properties --
> > can I use this package without having to worry about the license, can I
> > use it at home, or at work as well? Maybe:
> >
> > 	free-use
> > 	free-dist
> > 	free-local-mod / free-dist-mod
> >
> > 	nonprofit-use
> > 	nonprofit-dist
> > 	nonprofit-local-mod / nonprofit-dist-mod

Charities and other "non-profit" situations, CD's "not for profit" and
so on.

	non-commercial-use
	non-commercial-dist
	non-commercial-local-mod / non-commercial-dist-mod

Personal use where work use requires commercial licence, for example.

> > 	fsf-free

Should this rather be GFDL-free ??

> > 	osi-free
> > 	free-software / free-software-and-firmware

	national restrictions / age restrictions

e.g.	violent games in Germany/Brazil, non-Islam religion in Saudi
Arabia??