Re: Sarge Concerns

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> * Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader <leader@debian.org> [2005-03-31 22:21]:
> > I'm forwarding the following message (with permission) so people can
> > comment on it.
>
> Is anyone going to respond?

Let's try:

When I read "apparent bugginess" I remember the "It doesn't work" thing here:

I would encourage him to write useful bug reports. We would like to know
about the bugs, but certainly not in such an "indefinite" way.

I'm not sure how to reply to the other points he made. For somebody
who seems to know very well which packages he needs, I would recommend
apt-get to install packages. I don't use dselect on a regular basis,
and I have never used aptitude myself.