Re: debian domains

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Matthew Garrett wrote:
>> Which part of "Get the people who hold the trademark to enforce it"
>> sounds unreasonable?
>
> The bit that has tension with the holder's assertion that
> "The Debian trademark is managed by Debian" on
> http://www.spi-inc.org/trademarks

"Get the people who hold the trademark to enforce it" implies that we
(Debian) do something that results in the legal holders (SPI) enforcing
it. Which, uh, sounds like us managing the trademark.

> Even if it's to get them to act ultimately, we should decide what
> action is wanted. I'd be worried if a DPL candidate's attitude to
> SPI is really "blame them for not managing something they think we
> manage and let's not help".

I'd be worried if that was *anyone's* attitude. It's certainly not mine.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.project@srcf.ucam.org