Thinking about (mis)use of -private

Hi,

I was recently thinking about the misuse of debian-private mailing list,
and I saw that most of the bad-uses of -private were made with the
intention of reaching all developers.

Is this wrong? Yes, and no. The question is that debian-devel has too
much traffic and it's difficult to follow all the threads, so often some
messages are not read by most developers (not by lack of interest, but
just because the message was not seen because of the traffic on -devel).

On the other side, d-d-a is a list which has a very low traffic, and
certainly almost every developer see the posts in d-d-a, but... not
every email that intends to reach all developers is appropriate to d-d-a
since it's not allways an announce.

So, thinking about all of this, I have a question...

Isn't a public mailing list (with public logs), but moderated to
@debian.org posters, a possible solution to the current misuse of
debian-private?

daniel