Re: debian domains

SPI board members,

The debian project leader recently reported problems with the
debiangnulinux.com and .net domains to the debian-project
mailing list.

What is the current advice on chasing down "bad faith"
registrations including the debian trademark? Can any SPI
contributing member help, and does SPI have any organised
way to do it? I didn't find this on the SPI or debian
trademark pages.

It looks like anyone affected can trigger some domain dispute
procedures. I can't send a strong cease-and-desist myself. I'll
send one to a dubious debian domain holder next week if not
persuaded otherwise and try to start dispute processes later.

--
MJR/slef
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/