Re: handling Mozilla with kid gloves [was: GUADEC report]

MJ Ray wrote:
> Mark Brown > > For what it's worth I'd noticed that the summaries had vanished -
> Francesco Poli > So did I.
>
> Thanks for that and the comments off-list. What would the period
> summaries have done to help you with the Eclipse thread? Or did you
> mean the long licence summaries? What would they have done? Personally,
> I've been ignoring that thread because it's very large, I dislike Java
> and it didn't seem to be heading towards consensus yet.

I suggest that you are wise to avoid that thread, and it is an excellent
example of why sometimes summaries would not be useful.  Any attempt to
be "unbiased" about that thread would actually *create* a bias by giving
undue "equal" treatment to quite radical points of view that are
undeserving of that equal weighting.  And any attempt to suggest that
the points of view that most people tend to believe (both on and off of
-legal) is more correct will attract accusations of bias by the summarizer.

- Josh Triplett