Re: Answer not found - Sarge upgrade policy

Selon Cristi Savu <cristi.savu@aquila.ro>:
> I have a very simple question I'd like to ask, and I'm sorry to bother
> you for this: Does the Sarge ISO package get updated on a regular basis
> (let's say, monthly or something) ?

The DVD & CD iso images are updated weekly actualy:
  http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/
  http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/

You can download them through HTTP or FTP, but it would be much
more optimized if you use jigdo to re-create the new images from
the old one, added a few download for new updates each week.

Just "apt-get install jigdo-file" and run "jigdo-lite".
Using Woody, add "deb http://www.backports.org/debian/ woody jigdo"
to your "/etc/apt/sources.list" then run "apt-get update" just before
the "apt-get install jigdo-file".

Hint: use "netselect" to choose the best Debian mirror for you.

Cheers, J.C.
--
Jean Christophe André <jean-christophe.andre@auf.org>  http://www.auf.org/
Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux et Responsable Technique Régional