Re: plug-ins

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 10:29:51PM +0100, Leo Verhoeff wrote:
> Thanks for the reply which makes sense and the quest for 100% freedom is
> indeed one of the attractions of Debian
> Aren't there fully free alternatives available that could be pre-configured?

mplayer -> xine (totem is a GNOME front end and Just Works(tm)
for me)
java -> there's kaffe, sablevm and definately some more free
jre's around.  There are not yet fully functional but significant
progress seems to be made constantly.  Free Java has always been
an issue though.
flashplayer -> there are libflash, libflash-mozplugin,
libflash-swfplayer and swf-player packages (doing an apt-get
seach flash).  I only ever tried to use libflash-mozplugin and
must admit it made all my mozilla based webbrowsers hang though.
I wasn't bothered about figuring out why this was the case.

Cheers
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom