Re: Popularity of Debian/Download of packages

Am 2005-01-22 14:05:00, schrieb wish@dumain.com:
> Hi,

> Possible sources of inaccuracy with this technique:

> +Machines which download the Packages file from unofficial mirrors.

How do you want to solve this ?

I have a full Debian Mirror from BUZZ to SID
and installed more then 1200 Machines.

> It might be possible to improve the estimates by checking how much the
> downloads go up when the Packages file is updated.  But I leave that
> to statisticians.

How many Debian-Mirrors are there ?

It is impossibel to control that.  I think, it is only possibel
for ftp.*.debian.org mirrors but not the others.

> William Hay

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi