Re: documentation x executable code

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> 1. The kama sutra is not software, because it is not part of anything
>    containing executable code *and* it was *not* created with the intent
>    of ever being such.

So you're claiming that none of the instructions in the kama sutra
were intended to be carried out? Wow, what a prank! ;-)

> 4. The autobook and cvsbook are NOT software.  Even in sgml format +
>    stylesheets, or in PostScript format (and PostScript *is* executable
>    code).  It is all on the *intent*. [...]

Cool. I don't intend my email rendering program to ever be used
interactively. It's just a transforming stylesheet for emails,
honest. It's under the Pathological Anti-DFSG Licence. Can it go in main?

I say the division is software vs hardware and the grey area between
is firmware. Books on disk are software and should follow DFSG
before they get into main. Saying that we should read the author's
mind and guess their intent is impractical and likely to get
religious.

--
MJR/slef