Re: Re: wrong meaning of "GNU/Linux" on Debian Project mainpage

Think about it, just as there is "Debian GNU/HURD" there is "Debian
GNU/Linux" and if you want to make it short just make it "Debian".

Not that I feel like arguing about or changing the intro text on the
website though...  It looks ok right now.

Cheers
Floris

I agree with you.  What is there currently is quite clear, and I don't
think that it is misleading, either.  Just as Richard Stallman states,
the system comes with GNU utilities, and in our case, GNU utilities,
various other unencumbered utilities, and a choice of kernels.

I see absolutely nothing either ambiguous or inaccurate about that's
there now.  I do respect Richard Stallman and I do definitely want
to protect software freedom.  I think we're already doing that, and
we are every bit as vigilant about it, too.  Why change what's there?
It has said what we intended to say for quite some time.  That's my
opinion.

--
Brian Masinick
mailto:masinick@yahoo.com