Re: Hey!

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 01:07:46PM +0100, Thomas Jollans wrote:
> On 2005-01-02 05:40:01 +0100 KEG <kriern@bresnan.net> wrote:
>
> >Sorry to be a pain but...

As a newcomer to the Debian-Installer, I was facing similar initial
orientation problems when trying out the debian-installer for the
first time last weekend (I use Debian woody for quite some time now).

> I don't know exacly what you want. If
> a) you have a fast permanent conection to the internet, get a sarge
> netinst cd. download as you install.
> b) you have a LOT of bandwidth, but only right now, get a full CD set.
> That gives you a lot of flexibility.
> c) you don't have that much bandwidth, and only right now, use jigdo.
> I can't help you there.
> d) you actually don't have access to the internet, buy a full cd od
> dvd set from somewhere. in Germany, there are people who sell sets
> with 12 cds or 2 dvds for about 15 euros.
> e) you're a bloody newbee and want it as easy as possible for the
> moment, try something like ubuntu. Since ubuntu was basically debian,
> the switch later will be easy (I think.) But, the debian-installer
> makes it very easy, actually.

This explanation would be very helpfull in general for a newcomer to
the debian-installer. May I suggest to add this text to

  http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Thanks,

Peter