Re: RedHat flaked out on me!!!!

This one time, at band camp, Matthew W. Sanders said:
> If I migrate all of my systems to Debian, you aren't going to drop
> support on me are you?  What is the foreseeable future of support on
> your product?  RedHat has me $#$%$#$#@.....  Why would I want to
> upgrade to another one of their products after they sold me out?
> Please tell me If I buy a copy off the shelf I can update it for a
> while....

We do not offer paid support, the way Red Hat used to.  That being said,
I have a hard time imagining Debian disappearing in the forseeable
future.  Since this is a not-for-profit organization, we will not 'drop
support' because it becomes unprofitable.  So long as there are people
willing to do the work, it will get done.

> PS....  Will you be my friend?

Just now I have too many, and I'm trying to give some away.
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |