Re: Older version of linux available?

Hi Colin,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 12:15:59PM -0000, Colin Gibson (MB Faber) wrote:
> I would like to try a version of Linux on my computer at home, however, the
> latest one (9.1) does not work owing to the xfree86 code not supporting the
> graphics card on my old computer (all else works ok). Apparently the code
> stopped supporting the ViRGE video cards (mine is a ViRGE DX) after version
> 3.3.2 (according to the ViRGE website). Is it possible to get hold of a
> suitable version of linux by mandrake that is compatible with this video
> card? - Download or purchase? Cost? Download website location?

While it looks like you'd like to install a Mandrake flavor of Linux,
you've sent you request to a Debian mailing-list. Debian and Mandrake
are both (independant) distributions of Linux.

We cannot help you with any Mandrake-related problems, but I can tell
you that in the latest stable Debian release, XFree86-3.3.2 is still
present. Please see http://www.debian.org for more information.

Michael