Re: Trusted Debian/Adamantix

On 2003-09-13 18:50:57 +0100 Benj. Mako Hill <mako@debian.org> wrote:
This was actually a suggestion made by SPI's lawyer and it was not
connected to the Adamantix/Trusted Debian issue except that it occurred
on the spi-trademark mailing list created, in part, in response to the
issue.

I am surprised that they didn't also advise publication of the terms of use for the trademark.

The only permission that I found is an announcement from March 1998. I dislike the narrow terms of use stated there, which only permits businesses (not individuals) to use the trademark for distribution CDs and anything else should be asked. Does this mean that all Debian show guide listings, for example, should ask permission to use the Debian trademark? I am not aware of these terms being enforced.
http://www.debian.org/News/1998/19980306a.en.html

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at