Re: Trusted Debian/Adamantix

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 07:54:47PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 02:50:52AM +1000, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader wrote:
> > First, many people are not aware that Debian is a trademark.  I have
> > therefore asked the webmasters to add a trademark statement to the footer
> > of our web site and this was done on 2003-07-19.
>
> This probably doesn't do so much to make people aware, but it does provide
> a vast potential to clutter up the page footers. We should move it all into
> the legal information page, along with a trademark acknowledgement for Linux
> and whatever else.

This was actually a suggestion made by SPI's lawyer and it was not
connected to the Adamantix/Trusted Debian issue except that it occurred
on the spi-trademark mailing list created, in part, in response to the
issue.

Martin was only pushing the advice of our lawyer who, while perhaps
not the person who knows how best to keep our website simple and
streamlined, is the person who knows best know how to keep our
trademark in our hands.

Regards,
Mako

--