Re: Trusted Debian/Adamantix

Leader wrote:
> > First, many people are not aware that Debian is a trademark.  I have
> > therefore asked the webmasters to add a trademark statement to the footer
> > of our web site and this was done on 2003-07-19.
>
> This probably doesn't do so much to make people aware, but it does provide
> a vast potential to clutter up the page footers. We should move it all into
> the legal information page, along with a trademark acknowledgement for
> Linux and whatever else.

I think it would be ok to mention Debian's own (tm) in the footer, but I agree
that it shouldn't lead to a 10-page disclaimer because all other (tm)s should
be acknowledged, too. But even having all 3rd party (tm)s on the legalese
page, I feel it is right that Debian mentions its own directly in the page
footer.

IANADD,  YMMV and all that

-- vbi

--