Re: why Ian Jackson won't discuss the "disputes" document draft with me

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> >>"Matt" == Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>
>  Matt> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 06:06:44PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>  >> -A *DRAFT* joint recommendation of the the Technical Committee, the
>  >> -Project Leader and the Bug Tracking System Administrators.
>  >> +A *DRAFT* joint recommendation of the the Technical Committee, and the
>  >> +Project Leader.
>
>  Matt> As long as we're here, "the the" should be condensed to a single "the".
>
> 	As lonfgas we are here, we should actually state:
>  +A *DRAFT* joint recommendation of the Chairman of the Technical Committee
>
> 	Hmm. Joint? with whom?
>
>  +A *DRAFT* recommendation of the Chairman of the Technical Committee.

Plus, as I have stated publically(both in email and on lists, and not just on
this issue), I(and the most likely the other bts admins) do not want to get
involved in these kinds of issues.

So, Ian tried to rubber stamp something from groups before he ever even sent
out feelers to those groups.  Again, this is a 'do as I say not as I do'
event.

Ian, you may mean well, but please, you are *not* above the rest of us.  You
do not sign on the ctte so that you can issue decrees from onhigh.  You are no
better than the rest of us.