Re: Interested in Binary Code for the Linux Operating System

Hi Darla!

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Darla Cannon wrote:

> I understand that Linux and Debian provide the code for the
> operating system, which I assume is strictly binary system codes,
> so that users can customize settings if they want. I would like
> to see this code because I am trying to learn how to program in
> binary, not to duplicate or resell your code, but just to learn.
> If you could provide me with this I would be most grateful.
> Please, reply to my request at DanCan@swcp.com. Thank you.

Debian consists of free software only. This means that not only the
source code is available (free of charge) but also that you have the
right to modify the code and redistribute your changes.

To find out more about what we consider free and thus can include in
Debian please visit <URL:http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines>.

You can find the source code as well as the binaries on a Debian
mirror near you. One mirror is <URL:ftp://ftp.debian.org/>.

<URL:ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/source/> and
<URL:ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/> may be of special
interest for you.

regards
					yours,
					peter

    messages preferred.    | : :' :    By professionals,