Founding moment for Debian

Howdy all,

With the upcoming Debian 10th Birthday event, I'm wondering if there is
an inaugural email or some other document that marks the start of the
Debian project, the way a certain email message from Linus Torvalds is
frequently cited as the "public" beginning for the Linux kernel.

Searching Debian's archives, I've found these which are of some
interest:

    <http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/debian-announce-1998/msg00022.html>
    <http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/1999/debian-publicity-199906/msg00034.html>

I'm still looking for a single message (or other verifiably-dated
document) that marks the "let's start Debian" from Ian Murdock.

--
 \       "If you go flying back through time and you see somebody else |
  `\   flying forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye |