 Subject: Re: stretch-backport for cups-pdf 3.0.1-5
 To: ra.mack@yahoo.com
 Cc: byang@debian.org, debian-printing@lists.debian.org
 Date: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 6:06 AM

 The fix for this is described
 here:

 Basically, making CUPS-PDF use
 a different renderer restored the text
 search capability. The fix that was merged in
 3.0.1-3 was simply a
 change in the
 postinstall loop that auto-creates the PDF queue. You
 can manually do the same:

 lpadmin -x PDF

 lpadmin -p PDF -v cups-pdf:/ -E -o
 pdftops-renderer-default=pdftocairo
 -m
 lsb/usr/cups-pdf/CUPS-PDF.ppd

 ... then configure the page formatting options
 in CUPS' administration
 page as
 usual.

 Martin-Éric

 to 13. syysk. 2018 klo 14.53 Rich Mack (ra.mack@yahoo.com)
 kirjoitti:

 > Hi,
 >
 > Thanks for
 responding. It was a bug fixed in 3.0.1-5;Debian Bug report
 logs - #658004 cups-pdf:  usage prevents text content
 search

 > Looks like
 cups-pdf-3.1.0-5 is in Testing and Sid, however, I run
 Stable. It isn't in Stretch or backports.

 > Thanks,
 > Rich

 On Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 10:34:04 PM MDT,
 Martin-Éric Racine <martin-eric.racine@iki.fi>
 wrote:

 > Hey,
 >
 > I would really like to know what fix is
 needed to justify pushing a
 > major code
 update onto stable-updates.

 syysk. 2018 klo 2.40 Rich Mack (ra.mack@yahoo.com)
 kirjoitti:

 > > Hello,
 > >
 > > I have recently posted a request for
 a stretch-backport for cups-pdf 3.0.1-5, here:
 > > https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2018/09/msg00036.html
 > >
 > > Instead of
 a backport, the responses to the request were to contact the
 maintainer(s).  Would "push a upload into stable main
 repository via proposed-updates mechanism" be a
 possibility?

 > The response from Boyuan Yang, byang@debian.org:
 > > ***
 > > Have
 you talked with the current maintainer of cups-pdf
 already?If not,
 > > please consult
 with them and see if we could push a upload into stable
 main
 > > repository via
 proposed-updates mechanism. If the fix is trivial, a
 minimal
 > > patch on top of current
 stable cups-pdf source would be highly appreciated
 > > instead of preparing a fresh new
 upstream version (which is also likely to be
 > > rejected by the Release Team). If you
 have already talked with the printing

 > team, their suggestion on such backport upload would be
 valuable too.

 > Thank you and looking forward to hearing your
 thoughts.
 > > --
 >
 > Regards,
 > > Boyuan Yang