Re: Packaging pxljr [was: Junior packaging tasks within the Debian Printing Team]

Hi Henry

(Note that according to my previous N.B. at the end of my mail, I dropped
the explicit CC, assuming that you are subscribed to debian-printing@l.d.o).

Henry velez wrote:
>> Although note that in any case, importing the past Ubuntu uploads into a
>> git
>> repository, hosted on alioth.debian.org, is a good thing to do; this
>> helps reviewing past and future changes. Can you do that (hint:
>> bzr-fastexport should help) ? (You can start in a private git repository
>> stored elsewhere before pushing it to the "official" location.)
>
> I will start right now.

Great.

>  When could be a good time to create an ITP bug?

As soon as you begin to work on the package; that means now. When working on
existing package, writing the ITP is easier as you can steal^Wtake the
existing descriptions and such from the existing package. Do do it "The
Right Way", you could set the X-Debbugs-CC pseudo-header to this list so
that the people subscribed will see it.

(FWIW, I'll be away from any type of internet access for the next 4 days, so
don't expect fast answers until then.)

Cheers,

OdyX