Re: Update Debian Ports installation images 2021-04-14

Hello David,

On 4/15/21 10:07 AM, David VANTYGHEM wrote:
> Le 15/04/2021 à 18:01, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz a écrit :

>>> boot hd:2,\\System\Library\CoreServices\BootX -> No valid state has
>>> been set by load or init-program
>>>
>>> boot hd:1,\\System\Library\CoreServices\BootX -> No valid state has
>>> been set by load or init-program
>>>
>>> boot hd:0,\\System\Library\CoreServices\BootX -> nothing happens and
>>> in the AQEMU serial console, I've got this message : Not a bootable
>>> ELF image
>>>
>> How did you boot the installation ISO? The installed system should be
>> booted exactly the same way provided that you PowerMac emulation is
>> accurate.
>>
>> Adrian
>
> To install Debian, I boot from the installation ISO file, mounted on a
> virtual CDROM : /usr/bin/qemu-system-ppc \
>
> -monitor stdio \

> -name "Debian + LXDE sur iMac G3" \
>
> -M g3beige
I don't know anything about the emulator that you are using, but a
PowerMac G3 Beige system is an OldWorld PowerMac, despite the fact that
it has an early version of Open Firmware. A real-hardware G3 Beige
system requires BootX to boot Linux (it can't use Yaboot or GRUB). On a
side note, the first NewWorld PowerMac, the Lombard G3 PowerBook, also
apparently can't use GRUB because its Open Firmware is too old (though
Yaboot works ok on this system).

If that information is not relevant here, please disregard.

-Stan Johnson