Re: Updated installer images 2020-12-02

On 12/5/20 2:44 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>> Your blank screen may have a different cause such as such as missing
>> firmware for your graphics card which is a result of Debian Ports
>> currently not having access to contrib and non-free during
>> installation - something I can't influence but that's supposed to
>> be fixed in the future.
>
> I think it is interesting (in a morbid sort of way) that a Debian
> maintainer is not allowed access to the port to fix things.
>
> What is the problem? Who is putting barriers in your way?

This problem involves changes to the FTP servers for Debian Ports to
which only the FTP admins in Debian have access to.

It's not uncommon that not everyone in a larger project has access to
every resource. You have dedicated teams.

So, in the end, I can just keep asking them and play the waiting game.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz