G4 semi-success

Hi, and first off thanks for getting grub working.

First attempt, with guided partitioning after install it failed to boot.

Second attempt, same thing. So I booted into rescue off the cd, ran fdisk and found no partitions on /dev/sda

Third attempt, the installer asked for an additional file (it had asked for firmware-misc-nonfree_20190717-2_all.deb previously) regulatory.db. The closest I could come up with was wireless-regdb_2016.06.10-1_all.deb, which seemed to make the installer happy. Then i partitioned the disk manually with a 1Gb boot partition. Installation was successful, the system booted grub, and started to boot Debian, then went into a black screen. I’ve tried editing the esetparms with nomodeset, radeon.modeset=0, grub_gfxmode=1024x768x16, vga=ask and setting the run level to 1, all with the same black screen result.

Any help would be appreciated.

PowerBook3,4 ATIMobility Radeon 7500