Re: Lombard booting Debian Ports 2020-04-19 (was Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2020-04-19)

On 4/21/20 9:10 AM, userm57@yahoo.com wrote:

>>> DEFAULT CATCH!, code=fffffff6 at %SRR0: ff80aac50 %SPR1: 000b030 method
>>> <draw-rectangle> not found; ihandle=ff9d2740 phandle=ff86a4c8

To me, the "draw-rectangle" message suggests that Open Firmware on the
Lombard is too old for whatever Forth commands GRUB is trying to use.

I haven't used GRUB in quite a while except on PCs.  Doesn't GRUB draw a
nice rectangle around the edge of the screen as part of its process to
present the boot menu?  If yes, then this could be the cause of the OF
problem on the Lombard, if Lombard OF doesn't have a "draw-rectangle"
command.

Is there a way to run GRUB in "text-only" mode, or equivalent?

-Stan Johnson