Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2020-04-19

Hi Adrian

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> These images should finally fix the installation process on Apple
> PowerMacs and PowerBooks compatible with GRUB, so basically every
> Macintosh using the New World ROM [2].
>
> One user already reported a successful installation on his PowerMac
> G5 and I expect installations to work fine on 32-bit machines, i.e.
> G3 and G4 as well. But I'm looking forward to more feedback.

Good news.

Does this also mean that the grub packages are fixed in the repositories
and that upgrading them won't break my installed system?

I did one of the first installs with GRUB on my PowerBook by "manually
patching" OF paths with Frank.. and then put the packages on hold not to
break it again - although it proved that GRUB does work with the correct
paths!

Riccardo