Re: Lombard booting Debian Ports 2020-04-19 (was Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2020-04-19)

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 11:23 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> >> If you want to verify that the updated version shows the paths correctly,
> >> you have to checkout the script from git and run it from there:
> >>
> >> # https://github.com/glaubitz/powerpc-utils.git
> >> # git checkout mac-support
> >> # ./scripts/ofpathname /dev/sda
> >> # ./scripts/ofpathname /dev/sda1
> > root@lombard:/test/scripts# ./ofpathname --version
> > ofpathname: Version 0.5
> > Written by: Nathan Fontenot <nfont@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
> >
> > root@lombard:/test/scripts# ./ofpathname /dev/sda
> > /pci@80000000/mac-io@10/ata-3@20000/scsi@0/sd@0,0
> > root@lombard:/test/scripts# ./ofpathname /dev/sda1
> > /pci@80000000/mac-io@10/ata-3@20000/scsi@0/sd@0,0
>
> I think you forgot to the "mac-support" branch as the OF path
> string is missing the partition suffix.

This seems to be a recurring theme.

Maybe Master should check for OS X, and tell the user to switch to the
mac-support branch.

The change will probably save some time/messages during testing. At
minimum it will stop wasting your time in repeating yourself. (I'm not
throwing stones; I'll probably make the same mistake myself).

Jeff