Re: ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 and iBook G3's

firnware-amd-graphics is installed when firmware-linux-nonfree is installed, so yes.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020, 10:25 PM Michael Cree <mcree@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 10:12:10PM -0400, Steve Burkhart wrote:
> While we're on the topic of display driver problems, does anyone know why
> the ATI Radeon 7500 found in many iBook G3 models is non functional with
> Xorg? After installing the non free firmware, the screen just blinks, and
> eventually freezes. I've encountered this problem on 500Mhz, 600MHz,
> 700MHz, 800MHz, and 900MHz iBooks G3's, and the common theme among them is
> that they all feature the ATI Mobility Radeon 7500, with either 16MB of
> VRAM, or 32MB of VRAM.

Have you installed firmware-amd-graphics package in particular? That
graphics card should work with the radeon kernel module and most
likely requires the radeon/R100_cp.bin firmware which is in the
aforementioned debian package.

Cheers,
Michael.