Re: Lombard booting Debian Ports 2020-04-19 (was Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2020-04-19)

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020, at 9:18 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 4/20/20 6:02 PM, userm57@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Yes, I forgot to checkout the mac-support branch.  Here are the new results:
> >
> > root@lombard:/data/software/powerpc-utils# ./scripts/ofpathname --version
> > ofpathname: Version 0.5
> > Written by: Nathan Fontenot <nfont@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
> >
> > root@lombard:/data/software/powerpc-utils# ./scripts/ofpathname /dev/sda
> > /pci@80000000/mac-io@10/ata-3@20000/@0
> >
> > root@lombard:/data/software/powerpc-utils# ./scripts/ofpathname /dev/sda1
> > /pci@80000000/mac-io@10/ata-3@20000/@0:1
>
> So the ofpathname script is working correctly on your machine as the output
> matches the one from the ofpath script from Yaboot.
>
> I would suggest finding a better recordable CD and rewrite the ISO image
> for Debian sid and test again. I assume an external drive doesn't work,
> maybe one with SCSI?

Make sure it's a CD-R, not CD+R or CD-RW or any kind of DVD.  I've got a couple of older machines that have trouble with anything but pure and simple CD-R (and won't even recognize DVDs!)
Rick