Re: Patched XOrg to get r128 working?

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 at 23:10, Alex McKeever <alex.mckeever@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I actually tried that once... xserver-xorg-legacy doesn’t exist in the repo if I recall. Doesn’t look like the r128 XOrg driver can be installed separately... and it’s apparently apart of the main XOrg package in the repo.

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list, and also don't top post.

xserver-xorg-legacy does exist in the repo, and I have it installed on
my machine:

ed@godel:~$ apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-legacy
xserver-xorg-legacy:
  Installed: 2:1.20.8-2
  Candidate: 2:1.20.8-2
  Version table:
 *** 2:1.20.8-2 500
        500 http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unstable/main
powerpc Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Moreover here is the actual file in the repository [1].

Yes, the r128 server is not available in the repository. I have just
built it, you can download it at [2] or I think Adrian may kindly
build it so it arrives in the repo for you soon. It was only recently
dropped so hopefully it's not too late to get it reinstated.

[1] http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-powerpc/main/x/xorg-server/xserver-xorg-legacy_1.20.8-2_powerpc.deb
[2] https://gofile.io/?c=rNDtK8

Best,
Ed Robbins