Re: Patched XOrg to get r128 working?

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020, 21:11 Alex McKeever, <alex.mckeever@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Tried everything to get X working (needed working for LXDE), including a new xorg.conf with modelines. NO SUCCESS AT ALL.
>
> Another developer (who works on VoidPPC) said r128 needs patched to even work…. I don’t even know what he did to get it working over there.

"Tried everything" is not very informative. Reports on this list are
that you need to install xserver-xorg-legacy (and
x-server-xorg-video-r128) for rage 128 [1]. Have you tried that?

What xorg.conf have you tried?

What rage 128 patches are you alluding to?

By the way, you've started four email threads about this, most of them
with little to no new information. It would be much easier to follow
if you would stick to one thread.

Ed Robbins

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2020/04/msg00148.html